TryCycle receives funding award from Connecticut Innovations!
TryCycle is hiring!
LOCATION: OTTAWA (CARLING/KIRKWOOD)
TryCycle Data Systems is an innovative Ottawa-based technology startup. We’ve spent the last two years developing our flagship product: a software system for clinicians, nurses and health practitioners who treat patients with addiction and mental health disorders.
A technology-based ‘early warning system’, TryCycle monitors patterns of human behavior in real time, providing insights to busy health clinicians in between visits with patients. TryCycle helps reduce the caseload burden on health resources by providing an evidence-based approach to early risk detection and relapse prevention.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Developer to join our team. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining all facets of our product.
As part of our team, you will work closely with our other team members to ensure system consistency, provide technical support, and identify new requirements. Communication, organization skills and a problem-solving attitude are key to succeed in this position. Ultimately, you must be able to ensure our systems run efficiently, reliably and securely.
Skills and Qualifications
- An aptitude for working in a start-up environment
- Experience with design and production deployment of infrastructure in IBM Cloud, Azure or AWS
- Experience with production implementation and management of Kubernetes and Docker
- Understanding of cross-platform mobile technologies like Ionic/Cordova and Xamarin
- Clear understanding of web technologies (e.g. schema design, permissions, recovery, migration, backups, logging, security and monitoring)
- Experience designing, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Ansible or Spinnaker
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Nice to Have
- Familiarity working with PostgreSQL and features like jsonb, JSON generation, and extensions
- Experience with PostgREST and sqitch
- Experience with Python and Flask
- Machine Learning
- HIPAA/PIPEDA Compliance experience
To succeed with us, you must be:
- Eager to learn
- Love to teach
- Free parking
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
- New office space in Ottawa West, with lots of room to grow
- A collaborative, open environment
Enthusiasm, passion and the love of learning goes a long way. If your skills are close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying and come meet us for a coffee!
To better understand what we do, we invite you to review our website at www.trycycledata.com.
For more information, please contact:
TryCycle Data Systems Inc
Suite 300 - 1296 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K8
Work with TryCycle Data Systems
We are always on the lookout for energetic, intelligent, and experienced people to join us.
If you love working on the leading edge of innovation, drop us a line. We can have a coffee and chat about who we are and what we do.
What We’re Looking For
We always need people who have solid HTML5/CSS3 & Javascipt skills who understand mobile and dashboards
Our back-end systems are crucial – if you know SQL, containers, and Unix environments, we need you
Our data determines where we go next – we need people who can find the critical lessons in the data
There is no substitute for a great user experience, and we expect continuous improvement