TryCycle is hiring!
LOCATION: OTTAWA (CARLING/KIRKWOOD)
TryCycle Data Systems is an innovative tech start-up with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, and Connecticut. We've spent two years developing our flagship product: a bi-directional software system for clinicians, nurses and health practitioners providing care for people with addiction and mental health disorders.
The TryCycle System monitors patterns of human behavior in real time and provides predictive data insights to busy health clinicians between visits with patients. A technology-based ‘early warning system’, TryCycle helps clinicians:
- Monitor patterns of human behavior in real time
- Provide data insights from opt-in patients, in between scheduled visits
- Reduce the caseload burden on health resources by providing early risk detection
Working at TryCycle is uniquely rewarding and provides an environment of continuous transformation; you must be agile and flexible to thrive!
As a Business Analyst, you are an agent of change, responsible for introducing and maintaining a disciplined approach across our teams.
Our ideal candidate will be able to pivot to changing demands from the business, our customers, and the industry.
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for collaborating widely within the company, mentoring developers, guiding priorities, estimating project effort, defining project plans, implementing continuous improvement activities, and building an agile culture.
Communication, organization skills and a problem-solution attitude are key to succeed in this position. Ultimately, you must be able to ensure our technology systems are reliable, scalable and secure.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven depth of experience working with modern technology stacks, especially in a cloud computing environment
- 2+ years in a Lead role, preferably in a startup
- Maintain code integrity and organization through code review and mentoring
- Building, deploying, monitoring containers in a Kubernetes environment
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. schema design, permissions, recovery, migration, backups, logging, security and monitoring)
- Security, risk mitigation, logging and access control
- API design, deployment and documentation, preferably in a RESTful environment
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Automated testing
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Nice to Have
- Front end architecture, development and deployment
- Mobile architecture, development and deployment (signing, push notifications, deep linking, native APIs)
- Familiarity working with PostgreSQL and features like jsonb, JSON generation, and extensions
- Experience with Python and Flask
- Machine Learning
- HIPAA/PIPEDA Compliance experience
To Succeed With Us You Must Be
- Eager to learn
- Love to teach
- Dedicated to Continuous Improvement
- Open and Approachable
- Free parking
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
- New office space in Ottawa West, with lots of room to grow
- A collaborative, open environment
Enthusiasm, passion and the love of learning goes a long way with us. If your skills are close to what we're looking for, please consider applying and come meet us for a coffee!
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com
Work with TryCycle Data Systems
We are always on the lookout for energetic, intelligent, and experienced people to join us.
If you love working on the leading edge of innovation, drop us a line. We can have a coffee and chat about who we are and what we do.
What We’re Looking For
We always need people who have solid HTML5/CSS3 & Javascipt skills who understand mobile and dashboards
Our back-end systems are crucial – if you know SQL, containers, and Unix environments, we need you
Our data determines where we go next – we need people who can find the critical lessons in the data
There is no substitute for a great user experience, and we expect continuous improvement