Location: Ottawa, ON / Remote
Job Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is in the business of turning data into dialogue. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, trauma, and eating disorders. We are an Ottawa-owned, Ottawa-founded digital health technology company on the verge of major growth! We are extremely proud of our lifesaving work and innovative health-focused solutions being used today with Indigenous groups, Veterans, Clinics, Health Insurers, Researchers and many more.
TryCycle is seeking a qualified Business Writer to join our growing team. This is a full-time role, with flexible working hours, benefits, and the opportunity to join a made-in-Ottawa software company! The salary for this position will be determined based on experience.
The Business Writer will play a critical role in creating compelling and informative materials that effectively communicates TryCycle’s products and solutions to key stakeholders. Through your work, you will help potential customers understand the unique value TryCycle offers, and you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your creativity, technical expertise in the healthcare industry, and self-starter mentality. This is a fast-paced and exciting work environment with multiple concurrent projects, making it the perfect position for someone seeking a stimulating and engaging career.
- Liaise with subject matter experts within the business to develop content that is technically sound yet creatively portrayed
- Perform market research to stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools, technologies, and best practices
- Writes content for reports, news bulletins, brochures, proposals, business cases and briefings
- Identifies content opportunities, conducts interviews and writes compelling stories
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders to amplify reach and increase awareness of TryCycle’s products and solutions through a variety of outlets
- Writes and edits blog posts, videos, social media posts, collateral, newsletters, emails, and other communications as assigned
- Provide marketing support when required
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- Demonstrated creative writing experience with highly developed writing and editing skills
- Experience writing for multiple digital platforms in the clinical or health industry
- Ability to convey stories in a clear, captivating, and meaningful way
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to set and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work autonomously
- Strong public relations, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to accept and give constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Communications/Journalism and/or equivalent experience in related field
- Bilingualism – French and English (spoken and written) is considered an asset
- Marketing and/or communications experience considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience in business writing or communication
- Advanced knowledge of publishing software and tools, social media platforms, databases, Internet, and e-mail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, you must be able to communicate fluently in English
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations.
- This position is remote. Once back to office rules are established, in office presence may be required
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn, reliable, easy to work with
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning goes a long way here. If you have trouble collaborating freely and maintaining friendly communication, even when you don’t want to – we aren’t the right place for you
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle. Be a part of something inspiring, impactful, and unique!!
- Remote full-time or hybrid work from home/office
- Flexible work hours
- Health and Dental Benefits Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation (+ bonus “Flex” days & birthday day)
TryCycle Data Systems Inc. is committed to the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. We aim to hire the best candidate for the position based on their qualifications and merit in terms of knowledge, skills, and experience. TryCycle Data Systems Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on any of the grounds protected by human rights legislation during any phases of the recruitment, screening and hiring process. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will provide accommodations during all stages of the hiring process, upon request.
At TryCycle, we understand that experience comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.